Friday Tip #2 – Tanning
To Tan or Not to Tan Before your Boudoir shoot!? My answer is YES, go for it, if you want to have a darker skin. However, here a few tips about tanning….
- If you tan in a tanning bed consider only doing this for a short time. We all know it’s not good for us. Two or Three times a week for a couple of weeks before the shoot, should help. Give at least 2-3 days between your last tan and your session! – Avoid burning!!!
- Do not wear a bathing suit, or panties. You do NOT want any lines for your photo shoot. – This goes for tanning bed or spray tan!
- If you spray tan – Do this at least two days before your photo session also. Do not do it the day before!!!
- Make sure to follow all the instructions after the spay tan, so that your tan stays even. You may want to consider doing a couple of tanning bed days along with the spray tan. Maybe one the day before and one the day after you get the spray.
- If you have never done a spray tan, consider doing a trial spray tan a couple of weeks before your session week. This way you know how it works on your skin, etc…
- Please avoid Tanning lotions that rub off onto furniture or clothing. You don’t want it to get onto your clothing during the photo shoot. Also, I use a lot of white in my studio, including a bear skin rug. Nearly impossible to clean tanning lotion out of!!!
Hope this helps! No matter your skin tone though, we will make beautiful photos of you. I promise!!!